"The goal you set must be challenging. At the same time, it should be realistic and attainable, not impossible to reach. It should be challenging enough to make you stretch, but not so far that you break."
Rick Hansen
Achievment takes a lot of hard work and dedication...
A year ago I was disgusted with myself. I was overweight and was in a very unhealthy "groove". I had disgusting skin, hair, and very low self esteem. I was wondering when things were going to get better.
I work at a summer camp and on New Years Eve a party is usually thrown for all of the counselors and workers. It also happens that most of the workers are in shape. Now, I tend to feel self concience when I'm surrounded by skinny people, and in those kinds of situations I found myself asking, "why do I look the way I look?". So, that night, as the ball slowly fell, I promised myself that I was going to be healthier so I would never have to wonder that a question again.
So, after a couple weigh in's, a stubborn pair of jeans, and a slaughtered cow, I became a vegetarian. A year later, I can honestly say it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. My jeans now fit, my skin is a lot clearer, and my hair is less greasy, and I dont feel like I need to hide in a crowd.
I still have a ways to go, but im almost there...
I will be sharing some of my favorite vegetarian recipes once a week along with my work out regimen.
No comments:
Post a Comment